instagram vimeo youtube pinterest bloglovin

12/03/2016

Wearing a dress with an insulin pump

wearing a dress with an insulin pump, insulin pump and dresses, insulinepomp en jurkjes, insulinepomp en jurken, diabetes problems, diabetes and dresses,
It's not often that I wear dresses. Mainly I find it cumbersome to wear it with my insulin pump. Sure, you can wear your insulin pump underneath or attach it your bra. But if you are like me and want a 24/7 surveillance on your insulin pump or have to use your pump a lot, it's not happening. So that's why I came up with the idea of altering dresses the work with my pump instead. Read on for the tutorial and an video!

The idea is quite simple, it's really opening the lining and outer seam and turning it into a button hole. Just big enough so that the reservoir fits trough it. You might ask, why not the infusion set itself? Because than the hole would have to be bigger!

You essentially reinforce the opening with stitches. You stitched the edges as well, to make sure it won't fray. As you can see in the last picture, you can see I made a "circle" with the thread and will put the needle trough it. You can also use a zigzag stitch if you like.



If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them!

Follow charlotte's frame with Bloglovin or Follow charlotte's frame with GFC

No comments:

Post a Comment