instagram vimeo youtube pinterest bloglovin

25/06/2015

Ultimate Carrot Cake - Smeuïge Carrot Cake

Ultimate Carrot Cake, Smeuïge Carrot Cake
The Ultimate Carrot Cake!
I have revised this lovely recipe and this is hands down one of the best carrot cakes out there! I hope you like it! It's easy and relatively simple to make. The only thing I don't like about it is the grating the carrots, that's a lot of work :p  But it's worth it!

Ingredients
  • 175g light caster sugar
  • 140ml sunflower oil
  • 3 large eggs
  • 140g grated carrots
  • 100g raisins soaked (first in water, then in the orange juice)
  • Grated orange zest
  • 175g self rising flower
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • A handful of walnuts
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven at 180C
  2. Grease cake tin
  3. Mix the sugar, oil and eggs in a bowl with a wooden spoon.
  4. Add the carrots, raisins and orange zest.
  5. Sieve the flower, baking powder and cinnamon in another bowl. Add the walnuts in small pieces.
  6. Sieve the flower mix again and add to the oil mix.
  7. Stir until it's smooth.
  8. Place it in the over for roughly 40/45 minutes.

Nederlandse versie
Smeuïge Carrot Cake

Ingrediënten 
  • 175g lichte bastaard suiker
  • 140ml zonnebloem olie 
  • 3 grote eieren
  • 140g geraspte wortelen 
  • 100g rozijnen geweekt (eerst in het water, dan in sinaasappelsap)
  • Geraspte sinaasappel schil 
  • 175g zelfrijzend meel 
  • 1 tsp bakpoeder 
  • 1 tsp gemalen kaneelpoeder 
  • 1 zakje walnoten van AH gemalen 

Instructies
  1. Oven voorverwarmen op 180C
  2. Cakevorm invetten
  3. Suiker, olie en eieren in kom mixen met houten lepel. 
  4. De wortelen, rozijnen en sinaasappel rasp erbij doen
  5. De bloem, bakpoeder en kaneel mixen in andere kom. Walnoten erbij doen verkruimeld
  6. Bloem mengel zeven en bij olie mix doen
  7. Roeren tot glad beslag
  8. 40 tot 45 min in de oven

5 comments:

  1. Mhmmm! I love carrot cake! Dat ziet er lekker uit c:
    Xx http://icepandora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrot cake is one of the "classic" cakes I've never tackled in my own kitchen. But I really want to.
    Pinning this right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made your cake... and it's delicious! Thank you for sharing your lovely recipe.
    I added some raw cacao nibs with the walnuts and I made an icing from the Deliciously Ella cookbook (http://bit.ly/1e8IuVv) to go with it. Eating some right now while watching Glastonbury on tv. :)

    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-OybsVNOq5L4/VY2uwvV5_bI/AAAAAAAAH4s/d62BttKOtbE/s720/IMG_0891.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks good! :D & you're welcome!



    The original recipe (from BBC good food) came with icing too, but I usually find the icing too sweet, so I never make it myself. I find the cake just right as it is.


    Glastonburry is a festival right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm usually not a huge fan of icing either, but the recipe I used is a healthy alternative to regular icing (bananas + dates + almond butter + coconut oil + cinnamon blended together). Really good!

    Yes, Glastonbury is a big festival in the UK. :)

    ReplyDelete