instagram vimeo youtube pinterest bloglovin

13/04/2015

Gravensteen (Gent)

Graven Steen Gent
For my thesis I visited Belgium for a small week. (I was interviewing). But in my free time, I did some sightseeing.  This is Gravensteen (Castle of the Counts), in the city of Gent.

Gravensteen ingang, Gravensteen Gent,
view from gravensteen, view from castle of the counts, uitzicht vanuit gravensteen,
View from the top of Gravensteen, you can see the Graslei and Korenlei in the middle.

gravensteen zetel,
Gravensteen cross room, gravensteen kruis kamer, gravensteen martelkamer,
Gravensteen cross room, gravensteen kruis kamer, gravensteen martelkamer, castle of counts torture room
This is a particular room, it might look like a room for prayer, but it actually is a room for torture. They apply the neckchain torture here, were with the slightest movement, the pins inside the neckchain go deep into the skin. Yikes!

View of castle of the counts, gravensteen in gent
It will cost you € 6,- as a student/junior (younger than 26), to enter the castle. You walk around and in the castle for about an hour. See my other posts about Belgium: here.

1 comment:

  1. That light coming from the cross is stunning. I can't believe it used to be a torture room.

    ReplyDelete