instagram vimeo youtube pinterest bloglovin

14/12/2014

(If) I Run Winter - Injury Update

Nike Flash Shield Jacket Women, Nike Flashpack, Nike Flash jacket, Nike jacket, asic running pants, asics gel kayano 19,
Nike Flash Shield jacket in real life, Nike Flash jacket, Nike flash women, asic running pants,
Ah, if I would be allowed to run, I would wear this glorious Nike "Flash Shield" jacket. You can buy a new version for $ 350, but I got mine (new!) from Marktplaats (Dutch Ebay) for € 75,-! Ka-ching!
It is so cool, but I haven't really tested it out, only for the above shot.
I must say now, that if a car/biker/whatever are still trying to run me over, they should hand me their license, because they are obviously blind then.

So, how is my injury going on?

It has been quite a while since I personally wrote something about my runs. Reason, it has been a while since I've been out on a run. In fact, I haven't run at all since 4/5 months.

The Chiropractic helped a lot, I in general feel much better. But unfortunately it didn't help for my shin splints. I no longer use my inlay soles and I am not stiff anymore after a day of standing around. 

I started physiotherapy but I ran out of treatments that would be refunded by the insurance company. The physiotherapist suggested new soles, but that's not an option I would prefer. Nor are they refunded and I kinda like it without.

So instead, I've started physio-fitness. Believe it or not, but I have been going twice a week (the fact that I pay for it myself is a great motivator! x]  ) and slowly there is some improvement! 

I can sprint towards the traffic light without pain, in general the pain is sort of gone. It's not that my shin area is pain free, but it's not as bad anymore. It's more a dull or stiff feeling, which is better than the pain I had before.

So, what exactly am I doing at fitness? Well, you train with someone who knows what's good for you and how your body works. You also do squats, push ups, sit ups, balance (all types of balance exercises), more squats with weights, another balance exercise and did I mention squats? You can obviously guess that neither of those are my favourite things to do. But it helps. I've been doing this for 1,5 month now, and if I am allowed to start running again, I will join the running crew on Sunday morning. Can't wait!

In the meantime, squats. I might not be able to run, but my butt is getting glorious? *pun intended*

How is your running going?

4 comments:

  1. What a cool jacket!
    I'm so happy to hear that your body is slowly recovering. I hope you'll be able to get back to it soon! I can feel your frustration from here. :)

    I wend for a run yesterday morning at my local Parkrun. There was ice everywhere, on top of mud, which made it very tricky, exhausting (dodging icy patches to avoid injury) and, most of all, FREEZING (I think I may have caught a cold). The scenery was gorgeous, though. The park was all white and sparkly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm not a runner but i LOVE these jackets. i'm sorry that you still cannot go running. i hope you'll get well sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Niken! :]


    Me too, can't wait to try it out in real life! It's actually pretty warm too, so I hope I can start running somewhere in winter :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Charlotte!


    I hope you didn't get a cold! Must have been a good run, but I also hope no one is injured!

    ReplyDelete