instagram vimeo youtube pinterest bloglovin

02/10/2014

Floral Friday - Garden Flowers - Echinacea (Coneflower)

Okay, so I'm slightly "cheating", yes this is in our own backyard, but not, it's not taken recently. We are going into Fall and there not exactly much flowers growing in our garden.

This one is called a "Echinacea", or better known as the  "coneflower". It's a simple flower and I really like the strong contrast in this particular image.

Click here for all my Floral Friday's!

"Floral Fridays is a monthly photography project with different themes each month. This series is about fun and taking time out to smell the flowers. To play along, please email Trishie (trishie@underlockandkeyblog.com) for next month's theme."

15 comments:

  1. Simple yet beautiful c: Lovely detail c: xx
    http://icepandora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photography! How did you get the black background?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty :) Flowers are amazing for all their details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!
    The background was slight dark in the beginning + use of camera/photoshop :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! I've seen these pretties around but I never knew they were called echinacea. We don't really have many flowers around anymore either.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love coneflowers. They look as if rain made their petals fall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pretty photo of the echinacea and the background. I suppose this must be the flower that the Echinacea herbal products are made from, do you know?
    Happy weekend
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Echinacea flowers and I'm planting some in my garden.
    I've been seeing them on lots of blogs recently!
    An exquisite photograph - thank you!
    I'm following you now.
    Enjoy your weekend - some running on your agenda I imagine!
    Hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Echinacea plant, apart from its medicinal value the flower is pretty too. I actually planted some seedlings today. You did a good job in capturing this bloom.

    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Shane & thank you for the follow too! :]

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not sure Carolyn, and thank you for your kind comment!

    ReplyDelete