instagram vimeo youtube pinterest bloglovin

19/08/2014

I Run Mornings

Sunrise, 10th of March
This post had been sitting in my drafts for a long while, in fact, around March! Now that I am taking baby steps in running again (more about that later) I thought it would be fitting to finally post it!

It's 6:45 and my alarm goes off, it's way to early, I don't want to get up but then my minds starts working. I want to train for the next city run and I want to lose my "office fat" I got since the start of the internship. I get up, eat breakfast and go out. It's cold & quiet. The sun isn't really up and for safety reasons I wear a reflector jacket from my dad. Way too big, but it will have to do.

I open the Nike running app and press start, the music starts and I pick up my pace. I enjoy the quiet morning. It's drizzling a bit, but that's not going to stop me. I run 4K, which is enough for this morning, I feel a little tired and I have to go to my internship after my run & shower first. I stop to take this picture of the morning sun and slight fog. After that, I do a quick sprint before I finish and go straight to the shower.

Running mornings, I am an "early bird".

What's your favourite moment to run?

10 comments:

  1. this is lovely :) i too run in the mornings usually and prefer to start the day on a good note - it motivates you to make the most of your day, i think. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a beautiful sunrise to catch while running. i ran on a consistent basis but i stopped a couple of months ago. i am itching to start again. i don't have a gym to go to anymore so it'll have to be some sort of outdoor route. hope i can catch a pretty sunrise like this because i would love to go running on a crisp morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you that you can slowly get back to running! Morning runs are the best. I haven't had one for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Running outdoors is great! Even when the weather is bad, it just feels so good when you get back home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! :] I hope you get to run a morning soon :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wish i were living a healthier life style. ha. i should start to exercise on some extend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good that you're running again! I just can't get up early enough to run before the sun gets too high, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try to find something you like and that what works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, it's only during spring/summer though :p If I can keep on running, we'll see if I'll do the same when it's still dark and cold outside!

    ReplyDelete