instagram vimeo youtube pinterest bloglovin

19/03/2014

I just keep running, I just keep running!

nike hoodie, asics runing pants, asic gel kayano 19 purple, rogelli rain jacket
Rogelli rain jacket, Asics Kayano 19, Asics running pants, Nike Staywarm Hoodie
It's time, on Monday me and me colleague signed up for the second edition of the Alkmaar City Run, check out my story of the first run here. This year there are 5000 participants instead of 3500. And it's already sold out!

My current running gear consist of; nice wind proof running pants from Asics and a staywarm hoodie from Nike (bought at Zalando). I really like these pants because I just don't want to run in tights, and if you agree with me on that, you probably found out that getting normal pants for running is a difficult task. I bought a Rogelli rain jacket last year at a local running store as well as my Asics gel Kayano 19 shoes. They are nice, my first pair was a Gel 1xxx I believe.

Although I managed to run 7km at around 45 minutes after running no more than 3/4km for months, I am training for a fast 5. Or atleast faster than last year. My shins are already complaining *sigh*.

Are you still running? Are you training for a run? Let me know!

I've been quite busy lately, I currently have no school but an internship, which is quite time consuming. I am at the office from 9 till 17:30 and after I get home I do not want to sit in front of the computer anymore. All the posts and trips for my blog are being written/done in the weekend. I hope you can hang in there with me!

16 comments:

  1. i dig your determination! i would never stick to running (or any sport-i think)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so awesome! my husband and i started running a week and a half ago. we run a little less than 3 miles each day. it feels great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all inside your head. I just thought one day, I am going to run. And so I did. I have been running now for more than a year. (Although, be it with brakes because of injures etc.)
    You should give it a go for a while, if you get the hang of it, it feels great. All you need is a pair of good running shoes really!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D I left my reply on your blog! :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh nice gear! Good luck with the training. I run too but I can't keep it up for more than half an hour, haha. Sounds like you've been busy :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! ^^ Ik probeer ook min. 1x per week hard te lopen.
    Ik wilde aan een mini marathon meedoen XD maar twijfel nog hihi..

    Good luck with your internship!

    -Dewi
    mayclover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you!


    Een mini marathon, hoeveel km praat je dan over? :]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Normally 5k in 32-35 min is my limit too, but we're going to improve that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dat moet lukken! :] Moet je doen, is een leuke afstand en zal vast heel gezellig zijn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jane! Can I invite you to join the Running High?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like such a good idea for a feature! I'm interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would it be alright with you if I'd email you in a couple days for next month "Running High"? Can I email you on the email adres you use for disqus?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds good, you can email me at janedeluminators (at) gmail .com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! One quick question so I can ask you the right questions, do you run indoors or outdoors?

    ReplyDelete