instagram vimeo youtube pinterest bloglovin

07/02/2014

Romance - Floral Friday


Oh, let me tell you the story behind this picture. When Trishie emailed everyone the theme for February I had a few things in mind. I loved to create a picture at the floral shop, to wait there and see if anyone (preferably an older man) would buy flowers for someone else (preferable for his wife).

So, I went to the floral shop and asked if they had any regular customers. However, they suggested I could just ask someone outside and they let me borrow their bucket with all those lovely roses. I headed back home to get my gear (I came at a weekday and had expected to get there on a Saturday for regulars)

I was waiting outside and looking around and I spotted him together with his wife. I held back for a moment, not sure whether to ask them or not but in the end I ran after them. They were from Venezuela, and he didn't speak Dutch or English, so his wife had to translate it for him. In the end, they agreed and seemed happy to join. I ordered the prints of the pictures which I have given to them. I hope they like it as much as I do. And ofcourse, that all of you, lovely readers & bloggers, like it too!

Click here for all my Floral Friday's!

"Floral Fridays is a monthly photography project with different themes each month. This series is about fun and taking time out to smell the flowers. To play along, please email Trishie (trishie@underlockandkeyblog.com) for next month's theme."

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful twist! Like it? I absolutely LOVE it. You are so creative and original and I love that you printed the photo for the old couple, it is a very sweet gesture. Thanks for joining me again this month with this fabulous post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your approach to this! It's so sweet that this gentleman still buys flowers for his wife and that you printed this photo for them. I bet they love it!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a handsome gentleman! So wait... does it mean Venezuelan men are more romantic then dutch!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! & Thanks for the follow! :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I love this photo and the story behind it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the story behind this! so great!

    ReplyDelete