instagram vimeo youtube pinterest bloglovin

08/01/2014

Christmas Tree Cake

So it is a bit late for a Christmas cake, but please bare with me, the license of our Photoshop CS6 copy ended and I ordered it before Christmas. But as I ordered past 12:00, it didn't arrive until 31-12. But hey, I got it now and I am installing and putting this back as I had them. :] (And than ofcourse all the other posts that came in-between! Did you see the floral friday and the blokarting?)

Christmas Tree Cake
This cake, as I mentioned earlier, turned out somewhat okay. I am really pleased by how it looks, it's the most artsy-fartsy cake I ever made. However, taste wise.... I baked it on the plate instead of in a cakevorm. So the outer parts tastes really dry and more like cookies than cake. The middle part was so-so. In the end, we ate it with ice and I threw the remainders away. I made two Christmas tree's out of it.
I printed out 5 stars in different sizes and placed them on the cake to cut the shape out.  Only the top was very very small so that didn't work out that well.

How was your Christmas?

7 comments:

  1. oh this looks so cute! I have to keep this in mind for this year's Xmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great! love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Christmas tree cake and thanks for sharing and will remember this for next year.
    Thanks for visiting me and I look forward to visiting you again and yes I will try the kite surfing if I get the chance.

    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable is that cake. Christmas was great but I baked far too many cookies lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww this is such a good idea! It's so cute, even though taste wise it didn't quite work out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, dit is zo cute!! Jammer dat de smaak niet helemaal was zoals gehoopt maar het plaatje is fantastisch!!

    ReplyDelete