instagram vimeo youtube pinterest bloglovin

03/10/2012

Motorcycle lessons: HUGE update - my exam

Lo and behold, I've been awfully quiet about my lessons lately! That's because I had some serious ups and downs!
When I finally managed to get all the fast exercises right and the break tests, I just totally messed up the slow ones!
I fell down a couple of more times, made another stupid mistake and it even was that bad that I was totally stressed. And I was even thinking about quitting because it was no fun anymore!
Luckily, I was able to do a AVD (Algemene Verkeers Deelneming/General Traffic Participation) aka, a lesson on the road and no exercises! I really enjoyed the lesson and decided to go on! After all, I just didn't want to quit for several reasons, and, I have my own motorcycle waiting on me!
Continuing with my lessons I still couldn't do the 8, nor the half turn. Maybe I could do the half turn to the left but definitely not to the right. The slow slalom, well... I did it a few times, but lately it was no good.
I called the driving school and they had one hour left I could use for practice, this was the day before my exam! I hurried myself to the driving school and got on with it!
I only focused on the slow slalom, after all, if I could do that, I would probably pass the exam. I did it well, but only one time! When I tried again I knocked 2/3 of the traffic cons!

So, you are probably curious about my first exam? I was there 7:30 in the morning (waaay too early) and it was raining cats and dogs! Really, really heavy! D:
I was second, the guy before me passed. Then it was my turn! I had to do the quick slalom first, normally I have no problem with this but I hit a few cones! Next try was totally fine! (Pfew!). Then I had to do the precision stop, no problem, emergency stop, no problem either!
I had to stop for a moment because the rain came crashing down and there was thunder as well! After a few minutes we continued!
Then it was time to park the bike, although I have a hard time pushing the bike backwards (it is 186kg after all), and I was totally on the left side of the parking lot, it was good as well! Slow slalom was up next! Had to make a very tight turn before I could do it, (that went surprisingly well), I steadied the throttle, the gas and the brake and my head went completely quiet! I slowly made my way trough but I heard a "pop" nose at the second cone. "NOOOOO! OMG! DID IT FELL DOWN?!!?!?" I went on, made it all the way to the end and I stopped. I looked back in my mirrors to see if the cone was down. But it wasn't! I stayed put, the examiner came towards me and said- "Make a turn and do the dodge manoeuvre.". That meant my slow slalom was a pass! :D
The dodge manoeuvre was a little too slow, 40 instead of 50 km but he didn't notice it and I didn't say it either. Maybe because it was still raining like hell! Then, I had to do the 8! And well, I tried, but it was an epic fail... The examiner said I should look ahead but that will be a next time as I did pass my exam! :DD
Now I can start with the AVD for real! :D  And next year, after the winter and when I hopefully have my license I will continue practising and do some courses with my own bike and have another go at the 8!

7 comments:

  1. i hope you're not so stressed anymore! i love the bike too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You clearly didn't see my gear? XD It's not leather, and I feel like a penguin when wearing it! XDD Oh well, atleast I'm all geared up and protected! :]
    (I've I become a hardcore biker it will be time to look into those leather jackets and stuff, but right now, no way. They're super expensive too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!!! I was literally on the edge of my seat reading it and I'm so happy that you passed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!!! I was literally on the edge of my seat reading it and I'm so happy that you passed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You clearly didn't see my gear? XD It's not leather, and I feel like a penguin when wearing it! XDD Oh well, atleast I'm all geared up and protected! :]
    (I've I become a hardcore biker it will be time to look into those leather jackets and stuff, but right now, no way. They're super expensive too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! :D About the stress, we'll see how that goes with the turns on the highway XD

    ReplyDelete