instagram vimeo youtube pinterest bloglovin

17/07/2012

My first motorcycle lesson!

A jacket, helmet, gloves and boots! No pants but for driving around on a parking lot a jeans will do (after all, only my first lessons and maybe I might not like it!). So, did I like it? Or was I actually too scared to drive?


(Edit: After a few lessons I did get my own pants, please don't be so stupid to drive around with no gear on!!)
.
.
.
.
It was....
.
.
.

AWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESOME! :D And wet.. really really wet, it started pouring when we left for the parking lot! D : My jeans were still not dry after 24 hours! (And my gloves are still wet as we speak!)

But, it was really cool! We started at the office of the driving school and I had to wait for the instructor as he had an exam which was running late! 15 minutes later it was time for me! We walk to the transit warehouse where all their cars/trucks and motorcycles were stored. First thing that popped in my mind: "Shit... The bikes are a lot larger than expected." They weigh around180 kilos! So, I got the instructions, had to sit on the bike for a second and then I had to hop on the back and we were of to the parking lot!

We got there and I was instructed to sit down and start the bike according to the instructions. So, you sit there and start the engine. First thing you do is start, drive a little on a straight track and stop. And repeat this a few times! I started with my legs dangling to the side of the bike, than one leg on the foot rest and than the other! And then it was time to make a turn! If you make a turn on the bike you have to look where you want to go before you even start turning! This was still fine to do!

But, then I had to change gears! And on the bike the clutch is before the left foot rest. After messing around a bit because when I had to change to second gear while driving I sort of couldn't find the damn clutch, it went well. I just had to pretend I had "X -legs" and "keep your feet on the clutch"! So, doing as I was instructed I even ended in 4th gear! (Though, the bike was protesting because I wasn't really going that fast for 4th gear!)  And when I had to stop I neatly went back to first gear, and then into neutral (Which is in-between first and second gear on a bike!) And that was the end of my first lesson!

Now this is a really good start, no sweaty hands (though I was nervous I tell you) and I was totally focused that I didn't even see my dad taking pictures! So let's hope all the special manoeuvres (8 turn, emergency stop, slow slalom and fast slalom and swing around an object) will be do-able for me!

For now, I have to wait for two weeks until I can ride the bike again!

And for your entertainment, below a picture of me cruising around! (Instructor is on the right in the back, although you can hardly see him!)
first motorcycle lesson
Vroem vroem! ;D
I hope you have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

  1. Dit is echt leuk! ^^ ziet er ook gaaf uit!
    reply: Ik moet gewoon meer bloggen ;P beetje uitstelgedrag haha, net eindelijk een post gemaakt XD
    -Dewi
    http://mayclover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I can definitely feel the exhilaration in your words! so brave too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow check out the gear! Sounds like fun! Glad you had a great time. I'm not sure if I'm up for such exciting rides though

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had fun! :D Can't wait till my second lesson! You could try a try-out lesson if you like to know what it feels like :] (I actually left a double comment on your blog because I forgot you had Disqus! Oeps! :3 )

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness! you are so brave! I've ridden on the passengers seat recently but shittt i was SOOOO scared. I guess because I didn't have a helmet. I'm glad you thought of safety first :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg! You should always wear a helmet! D: In fact, that's the law! (Well.. In Europe it is?)

    But haha, I sat on the back because the instructor was driving us to the parkinglot and he made a very tight turn, angling the bike around 45 degrees or so.... Omfg .. Not liking that! But I guess that if you drive yourself it's not half as bad. My teacher confirmed that too :]

    ReplyDelete